Here's a compilation of communications about the Costa Concordia cruise disaster so far:
- January 14 and 15: Statements from Costa Cruises (on its website).
- January 13: Audio of Italian coastguard telling the captain to "Get [back] on board" (with English subtitles). Transcript here. Audio from BBC with English dubbing:
- January 13: On-board announcement indicating "an electrical fault, which is currently under control" (video shot by a passenger).
- How do you assess the timeline of the Costa and Carnival statements? What could have caused the delay in Carnival's statement?
- Analyze each communication after January 13. What is most and least effective about each?
- What else, if anything, do you believe Costa or Carnival should communicate at this point? What should the companies prepare to communicate next?